A vegetarian staple, ratatouille is a great way to eat an abundance of flavors and textures and this recipe adds meaty chickpeas to lovely roasted veggies.
- 1 Pound Eggplant, cut into chunks
- 1 Pound Roma Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 Pound Zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 2 Bell Peppers, cored, seeded and sliced
- 5 Cloves Garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Cups Canned Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 Cup Parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425?F and roast all the vegetables in a single layer on a roasting pan for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned and tender. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in the chickpeas and roast 10 minutes more. Stir in parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!