These southwestern potato soup are a treat that anyone can enjoy. Ready in minutes they’re a hit around the table!
- 2 Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 15oz Can Chickpeas, drained with juices reserved
- 1/3 Cup Raisins
- 1 Teaspoon Mexican Oregano, crumbled
- 1 15oz Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- Pinch of Ground Cloves
- 1 Cup Green Onion, chopped
- Add the potatoes to a microwave safe bowl with 1/4 cup of water and microwave for 3 minutes. Uncover and cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil and add the cumin. Stir for 10 seconds then add in the chickpeas, raisins, oregano and potatoes; cook for 2 minutes, then add the tomatoes and juice, vinegar and cloves.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer, cover, reduce heat to medium low and cook for 10 minutes. If mixture seems dry add some of the chickpea liquid.
- Stir in half the green onions, serve and top with remaining green onion.