Savory-sweet, this salad is a perfect midday meal. It’ll pick you up and get you going so you can finish work, run errands and get home feeling good!
- 1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- 1/2 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 Pound Medium Brussels Sprouts, quartered
- 1 2/3 Cups Radicchio, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 oz Blue Cheese, coarsely crumbled
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Combine the vinegar, 1/2 cup of water, sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Mix in the onion and press down, cover with a plate to ensure the onion remains submerged.
- In a steamer, steam the Brussels sprouts for 6-8 minutes, cool then add to a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Drain the onion slices and add to the sprouts with the raddicchio, blue cheese and oil.
- Toss to combine, serve and enjoy!